Manchester Merriment- Home for the Holidays!
November 27- January 1st
Manchester and the Mountains Regional Chamber of Commerce
Manchester Merriment, organized by the Manchester and the Mountains Regional Chamber of Commerce, now in its 6th year is a 6-week long schedule of festivities throughout our towns which includes tree lightings with appearances from Santa, holiday lighted tractor parade, inn tours of regional inns/lodgings, children's toy drive, an Elf Express train, and much much more! This year’s theme is “Home for the Holidays”
Tree Lighting Weekend -- November 27th /November 28th
· Black Friday Manchester’s shops open the holiday shopping season (some as early as 6:00 a.m.)
· Dorset Gingerbread Houses --- displayed throughout the community at participating retailers
· Small Business Saturday – independent retailers will participate in the promotion of Small Business Saturday
· Holiday Tree Lighting with Santa and Mrs. Claus on Manchester’s festively decorated Town Green
· 4:30 p.m. Holiday Cookie Contest. Cookies must be delivered to the Green by 4:30 to be judged (Judges are Kerry Comollo, Connie Blatchford, Frank Hanes).
· 5:00 p.m. – Carols and singing with Bruce White
· 5:30 p.m. – Town Illumination and Special Visit from Santa and Mrs. Claus
(Hot Chocolate, Cider and Coffee and cookies will be served)
Tractor Parade Weekend – December 4th and 5th
· First Friday Christmas Stroll Retailers staying open until 9:00 p.m. with live music and “treats on the street” (Friday)
· “LED Light Up!” Commercial business light up to be judged -Judging until 9:00 p.m.
· Downtown Pub Crawl with Ye Olde Tavern, Gringo Jacks, Thai Basil, Depot 62, Ponce, Al Duccis, Mulligans, Spiral Press, Christos and Seasons’ offering holiday fare until 10:00 p.m.
· Hooked on the Holidays – celebration at the American Museum of Fly Fishing l0-4
· 6th Annual Lighted Tractor Parade featuring dozens of floats from non-profit organizations and lighted tractors – parade departs the Dorr Farm at 5:00 p.m. on Saturday
LED Light Up! Commercial Businesses will enter to be judged for creative illumination of their storefronts! Winner announced during the Tractor Parade.
Inn Tour Weekend – December 11TH – 13tH
Friday December 11th
2:00 – 4:00 p.m. Historic Walking Tours
Manchester’s Historical Society providing free walking tours of Bonnet Street and Main Street, and leaving from the Visitor Welcome Center (Tours on the hour)
Shop Manchester – 9 a.m. til 9:00 p.m. – Exceptional Opening with Merriment Specials
Route 11/30 Pub Crawl - 6:30 – 10:00 p.m. with The Perfect Wife, Ravens Den, Bistro Henry, Garlic John’s, Zoey’s Double Hex and Brasserie Ousteau offering holiday pub fare until 10:00 p.m.
Saturday – December 12th
10:00 – 12:00 p.m. Historic Walking Tours
Manchester’s Historical Society providing free walking tours of Bonnet Street and Main Street, and Manchester Village Route 7A leaving from The Equinox Hotel (Tours on the hour)
1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. Inn Tours – our inns/lodgings each uniquely decorated for the holiday welcome visitors for the afternoon (13 inns participating)
6:00 – 8:00 p.m. – Christmas Community Potluck – Manchester Public Library
Savoring community favorites – Roast Beef, Turkey and Stuffing and Seafood Bisque - at an old fashioned Vermont Community Christmas Pot Luck Dinner in Manchester’s beautiful new Community Library.
Dinner will be sponsored by Olympia Lodge, The Perfect Wife, Vermont.com – Entertainment for the whole family.
Come for three days of fun. Stay in a participating inn/lodging* and “leave with a tree” from Vermont!
The Elf Express Weekend – December 21 and 22nd
· Green Mountain Train Rides with Christopher Pop-in-kins. Family entertainment on board from Santa and his elves – 5 rides each day. Tickets available (while they last) online or at the Manchester and the Mountains Regional Chamber of Commerce. Sponsored by The Manchester Lions Club.
Manchester and the Mountains --- YOUR Vermont Holiday Begins Here!